Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Blog Post from Neil McCormick. Cinco de Mayo.

5/5 Blog:  Neil McCormick

Xela is an interesting city. I am really comfortable here honestly. I’m surprised at how much Spanish I remember. Talking in the language all the time is really helpful. My home stay mother makes awesome food and my bed is comfortable. It is extremely tiring though. My brain is fried with all the information coming in, but It’s good. Yesterday we went to the market and I learned all the names of fruits and vegetables and bought a mango. I have no Idea how to eat a mango, so it all got stuck in my teeth which was hilarious. Afterwards our class went to some historic buildings in the city, including an old church from the 1600’s. Only one piece of the old building is still standing, the rest was rebuilt after many earthquakes, but it was cool to see.

Neal.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Neal! I enjoy hearing about your experience.
    - Alison Maher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like being saturated in the culture to learn the language. How fortunate you are!!!!!

    ReplyDelete