Friday, May 15, 2015

15 de Mayo: Blog from Trevor Sparks.

Hola amigos! It’s our last day here in Guatemala, and I am sad to leave. It is my birthday, which has given me a very interesting insight into the culture of Guatemala. We had a piñata in the town park, and I was surprised to see the amount of Guatemalan home-skillets who appeared to participate. The piñata was a Mickey Mouse, my favorite TV show character (they didn’t have Walter White at the Piñata store, so Mickey Mouse had to do). Mi amigo, Andy Klauber, hooked me up with a nice cake from Xela Pan. We are about to eat the cake now, so I’m afraid I have to go. 

I love you mom and dad!

Trevor.

3 comments:

  1. Trevor!!! I've been thinking about you all day! Who turns 15 on 5-15-15 and doesn't deserve a pinata!?!?! We wish you the very best of birthdays and can't wait to see your smiling face!!! We love you!!! ❤️����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows maybe you will move to Guatemala at some time. Again, happy 15th birthday!

    What is happy birthday in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trevor,

    Happy birthday. I sure miss you and can't wait to see you.

    I think it's really great that you helped that woman today.

    I think the words behind her say "seeing is believing". How appropriate!

    Safe travels.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete