Friday, May 8, 2015

8 de Mayo: Blog from Thalia

When learning a new language, mistakes are unavoidable. Often these mistakes translate to things that are very far from socially intelligent. The following are some examples of the hilarious mistakes people have made translated into english:

"I have five girlfriends" -Justin

"I give birth as a sport" -Cara

"Cornflakes milk hot why" -Trevor

"I'm pregnant" (sounds like embarrassed in Spanish) -Cara

"I'm dangerous" (instead of 'lazy') -Eva

"I like young beans" -Carter

"Balls" (meaning to say 'eyeballs') -Justin

"I have a dead cow in my house.  No, I have a dead cow in my house.  No! I have a dead cow in my house!" - Andy

These mistakes are bound to happen and they are very fun to laugh about afterwards. At the same time, making these types of mistakes is how we know that people are stepping out of their comfort zone and taking risks. This is the best way to learn. Overall, we are learning a lot of Spanish and having fun while doing it.

1 comment: